What is a transfer and how does it work?
The whole transfer process seems to be complicated, but we believe it will prevent speculators from reselling tickets and ensure that only people who are truly interested in going to Blavicon will go to Blavicon.
Ticket transfers have to be done by 26th August. After this date, we will transfer tickets individually and may not oblige your request. Thank you for your understanding.
How to transfer a ticket?
- Send us an email from the address you bought the ticket with, saying that you need to transfer your ticket. We need just one piece of information from you: the email address of the new ticket owner.
- We will contact the new owner, ask them for his personal details and have them pay for the ticket to our account.
- As soon as the payment arrives, we will finish the transfer process. We will enter the new owner’s details with the information that the ticket has been transferred once already, and we will refund the old owner.
- If you have your ticket physically with you, we will deal with this individually. You will do best to destroy the ticket, send us a picture of it, and we will provide the new owner with a new ticket at the entrance.
- We do not refund postage fees.
The above-mentioned implies that you cannot buy multiple one-day tickets, have them sent to you by mail and give them to your friends who will happen to have the time to go. They will not be allowed entrance, unless the tickets are transferred in time and name-bound to them!
Ticket transfers have to be done by 26th August . After this date, we will transfer tickets individually and may not oblige your request. Thank you for your understanding.